Swans
Today I learned a lot about swans and I am going to tell you a little about them. I first heard of swans in the Ugly Duckling fairy tale. I also watched the movie Swan Lake which I found very interesting!
Swans are a symbol of love and light. Swans pull Apollo's chariot in Roman Mythology. There is a type of swan called the mute swan. The mute swan is from Europe and does not speak for its whole life but it sings a beautiful song before it dies,the 'swan song'. Baby swans are called cygnets, females are called pens and males are called cobs.
Swans are about 33 pounds and swans have very long necks. Most birds have no teeth but swans are an exception. Swans that live in the northern hemisphere are white and swans in the southern hemisphere are black and white. Swans are herbivores.
I read a lot about swans today and I wish I could learn more about them.

Comments
Post a Comment